Friday, June 22, 2007

Squish!

Some of you many know that SWB is working on another product. Some of you may even have seen it and tried it. It's all true (which is a good thing).

It became clear that H264 is excellent for compression but not such a hot choice if you either don't have a grunty machine (think: G4 and some G5's) or are capturing the entire desktop ... oh; and of course forget getting a high frame rate.

For all my screencasts, I use either Apple Intermediate or Apple Animation. Good frame rate, low CPU usage. Huuuuuuge files. I've got QT Pro. I think loads of people have. But it's interface is ... shall we say ... ik?

That was my motivator. I'm going to release a free time limited feedback demo (just like I did with iShowU) when I've got the essential 1.0 features in place. There's quite a bit that won't be in the 1.0 that I'd like to do, but if I do all those then it'll never get released. And that would suck.

No comments: